All China Equity Strategy
Today, China is the second largest economy in the world and is still growing faster than other emerging and developed markets. Increasingly China is no longer just the world’s manufacturing center, but also the world’s innovation center.
In addition, the Chinese equity market is opening right now:
- Besides offshore-listed Chinese companies such as Alibaba and Tencent, global investors can now also invest in over 3’000 domestic Chinese A-share companies that are listed in Shanghai and Shenzen.
- Global index providers such as MSCI are including A-shares in their global indices. As a result we expect to see over USD 1 trillion of inflows into the market over the next 10 years, creating a vast opportunity for investors.
The All China Equity strategy is well-suited to capture this opportunity:
- Covering both offshore-listed companies as well as domestic A-share names, accessing opportunities of the entire Chinese equity market.
- Tilt towards the domestic economy and the A-shares market.
- Investing in high quality companies with very strong cash flow generation and sound corporate governance in the large and mid-cap space.
- A highly active portfolio with very strong convictions. Only 40 to 60 names in the portfolio.
The strategy is pioneering investments in China as it is managed not from the outside, but by a highly successful manager within mainland China, ChinaAMC:
- It is one of the largest asset managers in China with more than USD 155 billion of assets under management.
- Extensive research team with more than 120 equity analysts covering over 80% of public companies in China.
- More than 3000 on-site visits to companies, suppliers, customers and competitors are conducted a year, providing a unique understanding of industry dynamics and investment opportunities.
- Enjoys an established business network in mainland China, giving them direct corporate access and company engagement.
The portfolio manager Richard Pan and his team are based in Beijing and manage around USD 5 billion in Chinese equities.
For information about investment products please visit our Fund Finder.