Targeting the UN SDG: Impact or Opportunity?
The year 2015 has gone down in history as the "Bretton Woods" of sustainability. In that year, the two frameworks of the Paris climate agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) were raised onto the global political agenda. Since then the SDGs have also served as a guiding framework for sustainable investors. The UN calculates that an annual financing volume of USD 2.5 trillion is necessary to achieve these social and environmental goals. One of the most controversial issues, however, is whether and how sustainable private investors can close this gap and make a positive impact to achieve these global goals.
This Issue's Highlights
- Editorial: Targeting the UN SDG: Impact or Opportunity? Jan Amrit Poser discusses the SDG as THE investment opportunity of the 21st century
- Systematic Integration of the UN SDGs into the Investment Processes of J. Safra Sarasin: Andrea Weber about the evolution of sustainable investments from ESG to SDG
- Key Principles of Impact Investing: Sasja Beslik, Head Sustainable Business Development, about the key factor measurability
- Achieving the SDGs with Real Estate: Alexandros Gratsias about targeting impact with property portfolios
- Recent Company Reviews: Sustainability Ratings and Alignment with SDG Opportunities: The latest ratings from Sustainable Investment Research about companies that have aligned with the SDGs
The publication is meant for investors based in Switzerland, Bahamas, Dubai, Germany, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Monaco, Panama, Qatar, Singapore. Please refer to the disclaimer information below before accessing the document.